In an effort to engage with the community and bring educational opportunities to our area, the Hammond-Henry Hospital Foundation sponsors two health series: Women’s Health Series and Men’s Health Series. The Women’s Health Committee and the Men’s Health Committee have planned a series of programs addressing a variety of both women’s and men’s health topics.
Where: The Cellar Restaurant (137 S. State St., Geneseo, IL)
When: Noon on the fourth Thursday of every month (September – May except December)
Fee: Lunch $9
Where: Hammond-Henry Hospital Conference Room
When: 7:00 a.m. on the 1st Wednesday of October, December, March, May
Breakfast can be purchased in the hospital dining room
Topics for 2019-2020:
Women’s Health Topics 2019-2020
Noon, The Cellar Restaurant
- September 26th - Cognitive Care
- October 24th – Mental Health & Suicide Prevention
- Tuesday, November 19th – Corrective Eye Procedures
- December – No Meeting
- January 23rd – Declutter, Purge & Organize
- February 27th – Arthritis & Joint Injections
- March 26th – Anxiety as We Age
- April 23rd – COPD
- May 28th – Incontinence - Don't Make Me Laugh!
Men’s Health Topics 2019-2020
7:00 am, Hammond-Henry Hospital Conference Room
- October 2nd – How to Handle Emergencies
- December 4th – Arthritis
- March 4th – Nutrition & Healthy Eating
- May 6th – The Cost of Healthcare
Steering committee members include (Women’s) Jan Sellman and Linda Storm, Co-Chairs; Kris Atwell, Kim Bealer, Sandra Blackert, Linda DeSmith, Penny Ford, Shelly Hickerson, Bonnie Obrecht, and Beth Unrath. (Men’s) Jim DeCap, Jerry Deutsch, Bob Kuhns,
Bill Philhower, Art Ries, Wilbur Wigant and Jim Yerkey.
If you have questions, feel free to contact any of the committee members or Darcy Hepner, HHH Foundation Manager, at (309) 944-9106, or Julie West, HHH Volunteer/Auxiliary Manager, at (309) 944-9130.