Social Services

Navigating the healthcare system can be hard. If your hospital stay was unplanned, as in the case of an accident or sudden illness, you may not have a clear idea of how long you will be hospitalized or what your condition will be. The Hammond-Henry Hospital Social Services team is well equipped to help you on your way. We are the connectors. By making referrals, we can connect you to community resources or long-term care units.

Who can use Social Services?

Anyone!  We are here to help patients, families, and members of the community.

Where can I find Social Services?

At Hammond-Henry Hospital, you can find Social Services by entering the building through the East Entrance. Take a right and follow the hallway down until you reach the Social Services door (marked with a sign). It will be on your right-hand side. (5th Door) 

What is discharge planning?

After you have been hospitalized, your Case Manager and/or Discharge Planner will do everything possible to assist with the entire process. An inter-disciplinary team meets several times throughout the week to determine the best plan of care for you and your family after discharge from the hospital. 

Can you help with Advance Directives?

As legal adults, we all have the right to make decisions and choices regarding our medical care and healthcare. Unfortunately, we sometimes find ourselves in a place where we are no longer able to make those decisions and we need someone we trust to make choices for us. The Hammond-Henry Hospital Social Services Department is a wonderful resource for those wanting to establish advance directives. We have a living will and power of attorney healthcare documents available and can guide you to the right conversations, all free of charge. After you have your advance directives in place, a copy can be stored within our Medical Records Department.

Do you have crisis intervention?

Every crisis is unique to the person experiencing it. A crisis can be anything from financial hardship to a death in the family, or from an abusive relationship to an emotional whirlwind. There are no hard and fast rules for having a crisis.  If you or someone you know needs someone to talk to, Social Services is a good resource and is available by calling 309-944-9170.

For those in need of suicide prevention, call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. 

What are my rights and responsibilities as a patient?

It is important to know your rights and responsibilities as a patient. You can find a detailed list here.