Emergency Department Renovation
Hammond-Henry Hospital has embarked on a renovation of the Emergency Department. We are half-way through these exciting improvements and you may have a few questions. Using the existing footprint of the emergency and admitting areas, the new improvements will enhance both patient and staff safety. The first half of the project is complete and all patients presenting to the emergency room will now enter through the Main Entrance of Hammond-Henry Hospital.
What do you need to know?
- If you need emergency care please enter through the Main Entrance. This is a permanent change. Only
Ambulance traffic will route through the former entrance.
The completed renovation will have:
- New Walk-In Entry
- Accessed from Main Entry (North)
- Separate ambulance entrance
- Improved Emergency Reception
- Improved Nurses Station
- Line-of-sight to all exam rooms
- Updated Exam Rooms
- Enhanced privacy
- Multi-Use Safe Room
- Updated Trauma Room
- Improved Decontamination Space