Quality of Care
Your comfort level is of the utmost importance to us. Hammond-Henry Hospital is committed to providing the safest and highest quality care to our patients. We closely monitor patient outcomes, patient safety, efficiency, satisfaction, and opportunities for improvement in order to create the best possible experience for our patients.
Quality is a word that is often thrown around in our society, but what does it really mean? At Hammond-Henry Hospital, quality means how well we meet your expectations. We measure ourselves against the highest national standards of safety and effectiveness.
Commitment to Quality:
Hammond-Henry's journey is one of continuous improvement. It is our aim to always surpass state and national scores, or industry comparisons. Our patients deserve the best outcomes, the best service, and freedom from harm of any kind within our control.
Where you go does matter, and we strive to provide you with the care that is:
- Safe—avoiding injuries from the care that is intended to help you
- Timely—reducing waits and sometimes harmful delays for you when you receive care and also for the person who gives care to you
- Effective—providing care to you and all other patients who can benefit and refraining from care if you and other patients are not likely to benefit
- Efficient—avoiding waste, in particular, waste of equipment, supplies, ideas, and energy
- Equitable—providing care that does not vary in quality because of gender, ethnicity, geographic location, and socioeconomic status
- Patient-centered—providing care that respects your preferences, needs, and values and ensuring that your values guide all clinical decisions
When you are ready to make a new purchase, you do your research. You read reviews and ask those around you for their opinion. When deciding about healthcare, the process shouldn’t be any different. Several regional and national agencies are our partners in ensuring that we deliver quality care to our patients. We are held to high standards by government agencies such as Medicare and Medicaid and by national accrediting bodies such as the DNV (Det Norske Veritas).
We also submit quality statistics to groups such as Hospital Compare, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Illinois Hospital Association.
Hammond-Henry is proud of its outcomes and invites you to explore the following websites to learn more:
- ISO 9001 Certification from DNV GL - Healthcare
- Hospital Compare
- Illinois Hospital Report Card
- Medicare Compare (Long Term Care)
- DNV (Det Norske Veritas) Accreditation
Hammond-Henry Hospital has attempted to ensure the accuracy of the data it reports. It makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information reported. Likewise, Hammond-Henry Hospital makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the comparative data for other hospitals. Hammond-Henry Hospital assumes no legal liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information or for any loss or damage resulting from the use of any information contained in this report.
This report is not intended to provide medical advice or to offer any guarantee regarding the services Hammond-Henry Hospital provides patients. Deciding on treatment options and choosing a hospital are decisions you should make by talking with your physician.
The information in this report is the property of Hammond-Henry Hospital and may not be reproduced or distributed in any manner without the express written permission of Hammond-Henry Hospital.
By accessing information presented throughout the Quality of Care web pages of www.hammondhenry.com, you hereby understand and agree to these limitations.