After surgery, an injury or even a sickness, you might need a little extra help recovering. You don’t need to be in the hospital, but you just aren’t ready to go home. You need what we call Skilled Care. The Hammond-Henry Hospital Skilled Care beds are housed in our Long Term Care Living Center and offer a wide range of services and amenities to help you feel comfortable. Just don’t get too comfortable. After all, your goal is to get home.
What can I expect from a skilled nursing facility (SNF)?
Whether it is an illness, a surgery or an injury that’s got you down, our goal is to help individuals reach their goal of returning home as quickly as possible.
- Professional nurses and on-site physician’s availability 24-hours a day
- Professional staff to manage or assist with complicated post-operative conditions
- Extensive physical, occupational and speech therapy services offered by our Hammond-Henry Rehab Department
- On-site access to radiology, laboratory, dialysis, and specialty clinics
- Assessment and monitoring by registered dieticians; accommodating special diets
- Additional specialized staff:
- Social Service Worker
- Management of:
- Internal feeding
- Wound Care
- Ostomy Care
- Intravenous Therapy
- Diabetic Care
- Insulin and other Medication Administration
- Psycho-Social Care
What kind of living arrangements do you have?
Residents and patients enjoy a homelike environment with consistent, caring staff. Amenities and services available include:
- Private or semi-private rooms equipped with a nurse call system and cable television. (20 semi-private beds & 18 private beds)
- On-site beauty/barber services
- Religious services
- Kitchen facilities available for meal preparation retraining prior to returning home
- Telephone service available in each room
- 24-hour visitation
- Computers, with internet access, conveniently located for resident use
- All 38 beds are certified by CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
How can my loved one apply for admission?
Anyone can apply for admission by filling out an application. You can get one here to get the process started.
What kind of activities do you offer?
We believe it is essential to continue meaningful activities throughout your time with us. Social activity is a good source of healing. We encourage every single person that resides with us to participate in a way that is agreeable with his/her comfort level. View Activity Calendar
- Professionally planned and coordinated activities designed to meet the individual needs of each resident
- Social, recreational and cultural activities
- Community outings
- Resident participation in planning and scheduling activities of interest
- Family room for family meals and parties
- Outdoor patio for gardening and relaxing
- Exercise programs
- Resident Council
- Quilting group, weaving group, computer lessons, and card club
- Family Council
- Volunteer program
- Space for residents to continue to host groups, such as bridge club or church circle
- Family activities including cook-outs, St. Patrick’s Day dinner, Christmas parties
- Weekly "Happy Hour"