My Patient Portal Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Sign Up?
If you know your medical record number and you have provided your email address when you last registered, you can go to My Patient Portal and click on the Enroll button. If you do not know your medical record number then you must fill out a Request for Access Form. Once the form has been received and processed, you should receive a phone call detailing the next steps. Processing normally takes 72 business hours after our office receives the completed form.
Is There A Fee To Use My Patient Portal?
No! My Patient Portal is a free service offered to our patients.
What Is Included in My Patient Portal? Where do I find My Test Results?
What information can I see in My Patient Portal?
- From the Health Record icon, you can see information from your medical record for tests performed at Hammond-Henry Hospital. Examples include laboratory results, medications, allergies, reports, immunizations, medical history, and current health issues. You may also print a Health Summary for your records.
- From the Appointments icon, you can see upcoming appointments as well as request select types of appointments.
How do I see my test results?
- In most cases, your test results are released to your My Patient Portal account as soon as they are finalized. You may see some results before your provider has seen them. Your ordering provider's office will be in contact with you about any significant abnormalities requiring follow-up.
- Your test results are available by clicking on the Health Record button on the portal home page. Once you click on the Health Record button you will be taken to the Health Record page where you will see buttons on the right labeled Results and Reports where you will have access to your Results.
How do I get the complete set of my medical records?
- You can download your medical record by selecting the Health Record icon, then clicking on the Download Medical Record icon, then Request Medical Record. You will receive an email notification once the file becomes available. You will then need to log back into the secure My Patient Portal to download your medical records. You can also obtain your medical records by contacting the Health Information Management department at (309) 944-9108.
What if I need more information than is available through My Patient Portal?
- If you need additional information than what is available through My Patient Portal, please contact the Health Information Management department at (309) 944-9108.
Account Security and General Assistance
How secure is My Patient Portal?
- Access to information is controlled through personal IDs and passwords. My Patient Portal uses the latest encryption technology to keep your health information private and secure.
Will my email address be used for other purposes?
- No, your email address will not be shared with any third parties.
What if I need help?
- Please notify the Health Information Management Department at (309) 944-9108 or firstname.lastname@example.org The department is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If it is after 4:30 p.m. during the week, please leave a message and someone will get back to you the next business day.
Some of my information is wrong. How do I correct this?
- The Allergies and Medication Information in the My Patient Portal is updated based on your last Emergency Room or Inpatient visit. If you see information in your medical history that is incorrect, please notify the Health Information Management Department at (309) 944-9108.
I do not have an email address, how do I get one?
- There are many free email services available to use. Any email service is compatible with My Patient Portal. If you are looking to create a free email account, some of the more established email providers are Gmail from Google http://mail.google.com; Outlook.com from Microsoft http://www.outlook.com; and Yahoo! Mail from Yahoo http://login.yahoo.com.
How can I update my email address in My Patient Portal?
- To add or update your email address that My Patient Portal uses for sending activity, password reset, or other communications, please contact the Health Information Management department at (309) 944-9108.
Appointments and messaging
Can I schedule an appointment in My Patient Portal?
- You can submit a request to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician and with providers you have seen in the past three years at Hammond-Henry Hospital facilities. You will receive a notification message in My Patient Portal once the appointment is scheduled, or you will be contacted by the provider's office for further information.
I would like to schedule an appointment, but I do not see my provider listed?
- Most providers you have seen in the past three years at a Hammond-Henry Hospital location will be listed. If your provider is not listed, contact the provider's office directly.
Can I cancel an appointment in My Patient Portal?
- You can cancel right up until the time of your scheduled appointment. However, in order to allow us to serve all of our patients as efficiently as possible, we request that you provide at least 24 hours' notice if you cannot keep your appointment, and that you contact your provider's office directly by telephone if you need to cancel less than 24 hours in advance. Please follow the cancellations' policies established by your provider.
If I send a message to my healthcare team, when can I expect a reply?
- You will generally receive an answer within one to three business days. My Patient Portal should not be used for urgent situations. For medical emergencies, please call 911.
Your Medical Record
When will I see my test results in My Patient Portal?
- In most cases, your test results are released to your My Patient Portal account as soon as they are finalized. You may see some results before your provider has seen them. Your ordering provider’s office will be in contact with you about any significant abnormalities requiring follow-up.
Your Family's Medical Record
Can I view a family member's health record in My Patient Portal?
- Yes. This is called Proxy Access (Proxy Access form). With proxy access, you can view the My Patient Portal records of a family member, friend, or someone under your care. The patient or the patient's legal representative must complete the proper proxy request to give another individual permission to access their medical information through My Patient Portal. If the patient is under 18 years old, then the parent or legal guardian must complete the appropriate request.
- For a child under 12, this allows a parent or legal guardian to log into their personal My Patient Portal account, and then view information regarding their child. Per state and federal guidelines, after the child reaches age 12, parents/guardians will need an additional authorization signed by the child to have access to the child's medical record information.
- Once a child turns 18, a parent can only access the child’s patient medical record information with the patient’s authorization. It is also possible to request access to another adult’s health record if you help manage that adult’s medical care. For more information please contact the Health Information Management Department at (309) 944-9108.
Can a child have their own My Patient Portal account?
- Anyone age 13 or older who is a Hammond-Henry Hospital patient can create a My Patient Portal account. Parents and legal guardians can request proxy access to their child's My Patient Portal information until the child is 18 years old. The information available to the child proxy through My Patient Portal is limited for children aged 13-17.
Can a non-family member have access to a My Patient Portal account?
- Yes. Patients aged 18 or older can give proxy access to non-family members.
Can there be more than one designated proxy for a single patient?
Yes. A patient has the right to authorize more than one individual to have access to their My Patient Portal information. A separate and applicable request must be completed for each proxy relationship.
Can proxy access be revoked?
Yes. Adults 18 or older who have their own My Patient Portal account can remove proxy access within their My Patient Portal accounts at any time. Adolescents age 13-17 are not able to remove proxy access, even if they have their own My Patient Portal account. Proxy access to a child's information in My Patient Portal is automatically terminated when the child reaches age 18. A patient's My Patient Portal account is automatically terminated when the patient's medical record is marked as deceased. My Patient Portal proxies for deceased patients are automatically terminated, too.
How do I communicate my medical concerns?
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN URGENT MEDICAL PROBLEM, PLEASE CALL 911 OR YOUR PHYSICIAN'S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.
If you have had a recent office visit, you may utilize the Message icon within the Patient Portal to send non-urgent messages to the provider and their care team.
Having trouble logging in or accessing My Patient Portal?
Please contact us at (309) 944-9141 and you will be connected to our Information Technology Department (Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). If it is after 4:30 p.m. during the week, please leave a message and they will get back to you the next business day.