Auxiliary Health Career Scholarships
The Auxiliary provides health career scholarships to students seeking training in a health career field at an accredited school.
Eligibility for a Scholarship:
- Consideration is limited to students who are enrolled in a health care professional sequence for the upcoming academic year. Pre-nursing, pre-medical, pre-pharmacy, applicants are not eligible until they are accepted into nursing clinics, medical school, etc. Pre-requisites for your major must have been completed before applying.
- Applicants enrolled in an associate degree or hospital-based program will be considered their first year.
- Applicants must be a graduate of the Geneseo, Annawan, Atkinson or Cambridge school district or reside in the Hammond-Henry Hospital District.
- Colleges or universities attended must be accredited or recognized by the appropriate agencies.
- Students having less than one academic year remaining until graduation are not eligible for consideration.
- Students may reapply for these scholarships.
Facts Pertaining to the Scholarships:
- Scholarships are awarded for an academic year (2 semesters or 3 quarters) based on the student's achievement, financial need and the availability of funds.
- The award is to be applied toward tuition, fees, board and room or books.
- The awards will be sent to the school designated by the recipient.
- If the recipient fails to complete the school term, the scholarship money is to be returned to the Hammond-Henry Hospital Auxiliary, Inc.
Applicants are to return the completed application, along with the following:
- Official transcript of college or other post-high school grades (or high school transcript if enrolled in a hospital-based program).
- One letter of recommendation from a professional reference (i.e. teacher, counselor, employer).
- One letter of recommendation from a personal reference.
- Proof of enrollment in a health career program from the institution you plan to attend for the upcoming academic year.
- Attach an additional page including a paragraph telling why you have chosen a health career. Please include your professional goal Also, explain any personal and/or financial special needs that you would like the selection committee to consider
- All material is to be submitted by May 1.
Hammond-Henry Foundation Glenn & Betty DeSmith Health Career Scholarship:
Applications for the DeSmith health career scholarship are due by June 1. Find out more and get an application.
Hammond-Henry Hospital Medical Staff Scholarship:
Applications for the medical staff scholarship are due by April 30. Find out more and get an application.