Auxiliary Health Career Scholarships
The Auxiliary provides health career scholarships to students seeking training in a health career field at an accredited school.
Eligibility for a Scholarship
- Any person accepted into, or currently enrolled in a health care professional program. Consideration is limited to students who have been accepted in a health care professional sequence. Pre-nursing, pre-medical, pre-pharmacy, applicants are not eligible until they are accepted into nursing clinics, medical school, etc.
- Applicants enrolled in an associate degree or hospital-based program will be considered their first year.
- Applicants must be a graduate of the Geneseo, Annawan, Atkinson or Cambridge school district or reside in the Hammond-Henry Hospital District.
- Colleges or universities attended must be accredited or recognized by the appropriate agencies.
- Students having less than one academic year remaining until graduation are not eligible for consideration.
- Students may reapply for these scholarships.
Facts Pertaining to the Scholarships
- Scholarships are given on an academic year (2 semesters or 3 quarters) based on the student's achievement, financial need and the availability of funds.
- The award is to be applied toward tuition, fees, board and room or books.
- The awards will be sent to the school authorities designated by the recipient.
- If the recipient fails to complete the school term, the scholarship money is to be returned to the Hammond-Henry Hospital Auxiliary, Inc.
Applicants are to return the completed application, along with the following:
- High school transcript (if currently attending) or transcript of college or other post-high school grades.
- One letter of recommendation from a professional reference (i.e. teacher, counselor, employer).
- One letter of recommendation from a personal reference.
- Proof of acceptance into a health career program from the institution you plan to attend.
- All material is to be submitted by May 1.
Illinois Hospital Association Educational Scholarships
The Auxiliary also has applications for the Illinois Hospital Association Educational Scholarships. Information for the state scholarship is due by April 15. Applications are available from local high school counselors, Hammond-Henry Hospital or on the IHA Today website.