Long Term Care Living Center
Life is full of changes. Sometimes those changes demand us to make some tough choices. Choosing care for a loved one can become easier when you consider Hammond-Henry Hospital Long Term Care Living Center. More than a nursing home, we strive to satisfy our residents’ needs physically, mentally and socially. This is proven by our track record of earning a 5-Star Quality Rating of nursing homes from CMS for eight years in a row (view at Medicare Compare). With 38 beds, we are ready for your loved one to make a new home with us. We also house skilled care beds for those that have a goal of returning home.
What kind of living arrangements do you have?
Residents and patients enjoy a homelike environment with consistent, caring staff. We don't just think of ourselves as a nursing home. With well-designed rooms, we offer a homey environment. Amenities and services available include:
- Private or semi-private rooms equipped with a nurse call system and cable television. (20 semi-private beds & 18 private beds)
- Onsite beauty/barber services
- Religious services
- Kitchen facilities available for meal preparation for long term residents to prepare their favorite recipes with staff assistance
- Telephone service available in each room
- 24-hour visitation
- Computers, with internet access, conveniently located for resident use
- All 38 beds are Medicare-certified
How can my loved one apply for admission?
Anyone can apply for admission by filling out an application. You can get one here to get the process started and learn about nursing home expenses, long term care expenses and skilled care bed expenses.
What is "quality of life programming"?
The goal of Hammond-Henry Hospital Long Term Care is to facilitate an optimal level of functioning and independence for each resident. Individualized resident care plans are aimed at maintaining or improving daily living skills. Professional staff work with residents on the following activities of daily living:
- Walking and transferring techniques
- Exercise programs
- Bowel and Bladder training
- Skincare management
- Independent dining skills
- Personal care skills such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Cognitive functioning
What kind of activities do you offer?
We believe it is essential to continue meaningful activities throughout the life span. It is crucial to remain active for the overall well-being of our residents. We encourage every single person that resides with us to participate in a way that is agreeable with his/her comfort level. View Activity Calendar
- Professionally planned and coordinated activities designed to meet the individual needs of each resident
- Social, recreational and cultural activities
- Community outings
- Resident participation in planning and scheduling activities of interest
- Family room for family meals and parties
- Outdoor patio for gardening and relaxing
- Exercise programs
- Resident Council
- Quilting group, weaving group, computer lessons, and card club
- Family Council
- Volunteer program
- Space for residents to continue to host groups, such as bridge club or church circle
- Family activities including cookouts, St. Patrick’s Day dinner, Christmas parties
- Weekly "Happy Hour"