One heartbeat at a time. That’s how you consider life after a “heart event”. With Cardiac Rehabilitation, the Hammond-Henry Rehabilitation Services staff aims to move you past each heartbeat, each day, so you can go on living the life you love. This outpatient exercise program is staffed by registered nurses, trained in Advance Cardiac Life Support, as well as exercise specialists, a dietitian, respiratory therapists, a social worker and an on-site physician.
We offer two levels of therapy
- Phase II – geared toward individuals that have been released from the hospital or have just been given a diagnosis of a heart condition
- Phase III – For those that would like to continue the program after the completion of Phase II. This is more of a “maintenance” program for your heart and is part of the Vitality Wellness Program.
Is cardiac rehabilitation right for me?
Our program is designed to help patients with heart disease recover faster and return to a full, productive life. The exercises are geared toward persons with cardiac problems such as:
- Bypass surgery
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary artery disease as determined by angiography
- Heart attack
- Heart transplant
What does cardiac rehabilitation include?
This comprehensive rehabilitation program offers:
- Monitored exercise
- Cardiac education
- Individualized exercise program
What can I expect to learn from cardiac rehabilitation?
We like to think of our program not only as an exercise program, but also a learning opportunity. You will learn:
- Your individual risk factors
- How to make healthy changes
- The importance of regular exercise
- What your goals are and how to accomplish them