Education & Training
As humans, we never lose the capacity to learn. As we grow, our desire for knowledge can even increase. At Hammond-Henry Hospital, we have many options to help educate our community about health topics and even life-saving techniques.
What kind of life-saving techniques do you teach?
- First Aid – learn critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrive.
- CPR – A hands-on course for those interested in learning how to save a life. Friends and Family CPR and those seeking a CPR course completion card.
- ACLS and PALS – instructor-led training that highlights the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
These classes are offered to schools, churches, businesses, groups or individuals for a nominal fee. If you’d like to find out more about course offerings, please call 309.944.9133 to request a course. Recently, we purchased mannequins that give feedback on the effectiveness of CPR.
Do you offer presentations for community groups?
We love going into the community to present on various topics. Please call 309.944.9134 to set-up a presentation. We present on the following topics:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Failure
- Home Health
- Nutritional Services
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Skin Cancer Awareness
- Stroke Awareness
- Other topics upon request
Women & Men’s Health Series:
Presentations on a variety of health topics are offered in our community.
Respirator FIT Testing:
If you are a business that requires the use of an N-95 respirator as required by OSHA, Hammond-Henry Hospital can help. We offer on-site FIT testing for your staff to comply with the requirements of workplace safety. Please call 309.944.9182 for more information.