The purpose of the Hammond-Henry Hospital Volunteer Program is to provide extra hands to assist patients, residents and family during their time at Hammond-Henry Hospital. You will find volunteers in many areas of the hospital - caring and generous people with a multitude of talents providing many services. Through the years, volunteers have been an integral part of Hammond-Henry Hospital. To continue to be so in the future, we need volunteers who can offer compassion and care to our patients and residents as well as their talents in others areas. Volunteering can help you make a difference in the lives of others. If you are looking to volunteer in a caring and friendly organization, consider becoming part of our team.
Hammond-Henry Hospital offers many volunteer programs for men and women of all ages. In addition to the areas listed below, we also use the special talents of volunteers to help in specific departments working with the volunteer to set up a specific project.
Patient Involvement Services:
- Courier (inter office deliveries within the hospital)
- Floor (delivering water and mail to patients and residents)
- Activities (such as bingo, playing piano, and special programs)
- Surgical waiting room
Staff Services/Patient Involvement:
- Filing in Imaging, Patient Accounts and Health Information Records
- Answering Phones in departments
- Assisting with mailing
- Assembling educational materials
- Courier service to the Colona Clinic and to Orion
- Outpatient Clinics
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Health Screenings
- Shuttle Volunteer
- Flower Committee
Home Based Assignments:
- Crocheting / knitting baby hats
- Sewing bears for pediatric patients in emergency department or surgery
- Sewing Christmas stockings for newborns
Becoming a Volunteer
- Applications are available at the Volunteer Office or by emailing email@example.com
- Call 944-9130 for an interview appointment
- Attend an Volunteer Orientation
- Make a commitment to volunteer at least once or twice a month.
Joining the Auxiliary
Volunteers of Hammond-Henry Hospital are encouraged, but not required, to become members of the Hammond-Henry Hospital Auxiliary as another way to show their support of their hospital in the community. The Auxiliary is made up of a board consisting of officers and chairpersons that plan educational and fund raising activities.
A variety of fund raising activities are held by the Auxiliary. All profits go towards the purchase of equipment for Hammond-Henry Hospital. They also provide educational programs to the community.
The Auxiliary provides health career scholarships for college students through profits from an Ice Cream Social each summer.
For more Information About Volunteer Opportunities
Julie West, Volunteer / Auxiliary Manager
Hammond-Henry Hospital - Volunteer Department
600 North College Avenue