The Lovelight Tree is a fund raising project of the Hammond-Henry Hospital Auxiliary. The tree was so named because “love” and “light” are two of the most meaningful words of the Christmas Season. Each light on the Lovelight Tree represents a donation in honor or memory of a loved one.
Lights on the Lovelight Tree are a bright symbol to the community of the timeless qualities of Christmas: giving,loving, sharing and remembering.
The Lovelight Tree motivates us to take a moment and think of special people in our present or past who have offered us their love, nurturing and care.
- Who has made real difference in the quality of your life and happiness?
- Who lights up your life and makes life worthwhile?
- When was the last time you let these special people know your gratitude for their influence on your life?
A light on the Lovelight Tree is the perfect way to remember or say thank you to someone special. It is the perfect gift for someone who has everything!
All donations are acknowledged in a Lovelight Book, which is on display in the lobby of the hospital during the Holiday Season.
In addition, donations are recognized in the following ways:
- up to $20 - acknowledged with a card to the donor and the person honored or to the family of the person memorialized.
- $20-$99 - receive a dated ornament to keep and the above acknowledgement cards.
- $100 and above – have their light placed in the special heart-shaped treetop decoration, receive a dated ornament to keep and the above acknowledgement cards.
Past Auxiliary Projects
Donations to the Lovelight Tree are added to the other fund-raising efforts of the Auxiliary each year and used to purchase equipment for the hospital.
Some of the recent projects the Auxiliary has provided to Hammond-Henry include:
- DNA Sample Kits for Newborns
- Hoyer Lift to aid in lifting patients
- Bilicheck Bilirubin Monitor
- Comfort Draw Phlebotz Chair
- Furnished Surgical Waiting Room
- Bassinetts for OB
- Wheelchairs for Departments and Front Lobby
- Surgical Red Wagon
- Stress Testing Equipment
- Clocks for Med/Surg and Long-Term Care
- Shower Chairs
- Scholarships for Health Care Students
- Hydraulic Sink
- Birthing Bed
- Portable Infant Scale
- Waiting Room Furnishings
- Table & Chairs in Cafeteria
- Christmas Decorations