There are many types of wounds and treatments for wounds. Registered nurses of Home Health services of Hammond-Henry Hospital have access to the latest techniques and products. Our team can heal patients' wounds faster and more effectively by using specialized products for each type of wound. We work under the direction of the patient's physician or wound clinic.
The following list provides examples of what we can provide for patients with wounds:
- Specialized wound treatments based on the type of wound, its location and size
- Recommendations for support surfaces to promote wound healing and prevent additional wounds or complications
- Education for the patient and caregiver about the wound, signs and symptoms of complications, and how to perform wound care in the home.
- Instruction on the types of foods, supplements, and diet that can assist in the wound healing
- Wound measurements and monitoring the wound healing to show the patients's physician how the wound is progressing
- Coordination with the patient's physician and wound clinic for treatment options for wounds that are difficult to heal
Home Health Services of Hammond-Henry Hospital
600 North College Avenue
Phone: (309) 944-4853