Drive-Thru Clinic - OPEN to All
Located at the hospital's emergency entrance ambulance bay
HOURS Saturday and Sunday 8 am - 2 pm and Monday - Friday 7 am - 5 pm.
HOURS Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm. - (beginning Monday, June 1)
The Respiratory Symptom Screening Drive-Thru Clinic is open to all individuals at 600 N. College Ave. Not sure if you've been exposed? Asymptomatic? Want to venture out to visit a relative? Needing to safeguard those around you? Whatever the reason, simply call the hotline to begin the process. Individuals who have been referred to the Drive-Thru Clinic by their health care provider or by calling the hotline should enter at the Hammond-Henry Hospital main entrance on College Avenue, proceed toward the ambulance bay, and follow the cones. The temporary Drive-Thru Clinic will help screen, evaluate, and treat COVID-19 while limiting local transmission of the illness, providing a safer alternative to the Emergency Department, Urgent Care / Walk-in Clinics, and physician offices.
If You are Ill
- If you are ill, contact your physician and answer a few simple questions, or call the Hotline at 309-944-9198 to provide registration information before coming to the Drive-Thru COVID testing.
- If you are ill, do not have a primary physician/health care provider, or cannot reach your provider, you may call the Hotline at 309-944-9198 to answer the eligibility questions and complete the registration information.
Steps to Access COVID Screening
- The first step - call the hotline. You will be asked a few simple questions and directed on what to do to help expedite the process. An authorization number will be provided to you.
- Enter Hammond-Henry Hospital and enter the parking lot at the main entrance off of College Avenue, (nearest the digital signage.) Follow the cones.
- Stay in your vehicle.
- Have your identification ready.
- When the health care staff are ready for you, crack your vehicle window to speak with them
- The health care staff will administer the appropriate test through the vehicle window
- Your test will be taken to the hospital lab for results
- Test results and the next steps will be provided as soon as they are available
The drive-thru COVID screening will help to limit local transmission of this infectious disease by providing a screening alternative to the Hammond-Henry Emergency Department, Urgent Care / Walk-in Clinics, and physician offices.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (Cares/H.R. 748)
SEC.4202. PRICING OF DIAGNOSTIC TESTING
a) Reimbursement Rates. - A group health plan or a health insurance issuer providing coverage of items and services described in section 201(a) with respect to an enrollee shall reimburse the provider of the diagnostic testing as follows:
(1) If the health plan or issuer has a negotiated rate for such service with such provider, such negotiated rate shall apply.
(2) If the health plan or issuer does not have a negotiated rate for such service with such provider, such plan or issuer shall reimburse the provider in an amount that equals the cash price for such service as listed by the provider on a public internet website.
b) REQUIREMENT TO PUBLICIZE CASH PRICE FOR DIAGNOSTIC TESTING FOR COVID–19.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—During the emergency period declared under section 319 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 247d), each provider of a diagnostic test for COVID–19 shall make public the cash price for such test on a public internet website of such provider. Hammond-Henry Hospital’s cash price is $100, due to a price increase from LabCorp.
(2) CIVIL MONETARY PENALTIES.—The Secretary of Health and Human Services may impose a civil monetary penalty on any provider of a diagnostic test for COVID–19 that is not in compliance with paragraph (1) and has not completed a corrective action plan to comply with the requirements of such paragraph, in an amount not to exceed $300 per day that the violation is ongoing.
Insurance Will Be Billed