Moments in life can take your breath away, but unfortunately so can diseases and disorders of the lung. To help you get back to those “moments” Hammond-Henry Rehabilitative Services offers pulmonary rehabilitation. This outpatient exercise program is staffed by respiratory therapists, trained in Advance Cardiac Life Support, as well as exercise specialists, a dietitian, registered nurses, a social worker and a medical director.
Is pulmonary rehabilitation right for me?
Our program is designed to help patients manage their lung disease and return to a full, productive life. The exercises are geared toward persons with lung problems such as:
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Cancer
- Other diseases of the lung
What does pulmonary rehabilitation include?
This comprehensive rehabilitation program offers:
- Monitored exercise
- Individualized exercise program
What can I expect to learn from pulmonary rehabilitation?
We like to think of our program not only as an exercise program, but also a learning opportunity. You will learn:
- Your individual risk factors
- How to make healthy changes
- The importance of regular exercise
- Breathing techniques to help alleviate shortness of breath
- What your goals are and how to accomplish them