Cardiac rehabilitation is a customized program of exercise and education. Cardiac rehabilitation is designed to help you recover after a cardiac event such as a heart attack, coronary artery bypass surgery, heart valve surgery and other types of heart disease.
Cardiac rehabilitation provides monitored exercise, nutritional counseling, emotional support, and support and education about lifestyle changes to reduce your risk of future heart problems.
The goal of cardiac rehabilitation is to help you regain strength, to prevent your condition from worsening and to reduce your risk of future heart problems.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Reduces cardiac mortality by 25%
- Reduces the incidence of cardiac complications
- Improves ability to exercise
- Reduces cardiovascular symptoms
- Improves cardiovascular risk factors (including blood pressure and cholesterol)
- Improves psychological well-being
- Improves health-related quality of life
Cardiac Rehab Services