Home Health Services of Hammond-Henry Hospital staff works directly with our patient's physicians to provide ongoing professional health care in the privacy of your home.
Whether our patients require a registered nurse, physical, occupational, or speech therapy, or a medical social worker, Home Health Services of Hammond-Henry Hospital provides exceptional, quality, caring professionals.
After a hospital stafy, or during an illness, many people find being in their home has a positive affect on their attitude as well as their health. Home Health Services make home recovery a more positive and effective experience for everyone involved. Our fully license and certified staff care givers provide "Excellence in Patient Care Services".
What services are available in my home?
- Registered Nurses
- Case Managers
- Physical Assessment
- Wound Care
- IV infusion
- Instruction on disease process and medication
- Telehealth monitoring
- Diabetic instruction
- Foley catheter care
- Referrals to community resources
Home IV Therapy may include:
- Pain management
- Total nutrition
- Selected IV medications
- PICC line management
- Implanted port care
- Central/peripheral line maintenace
Certified Home Health Aides assist with:
- Activities of daily living
- Simple wound care
- Light meal preparation
- Vital sign monitoring
Who needs Home Health Care?
- A patient who is ready for discharge from a hospital but unable to leave because there is no one at home to help with household tasks and assist through convalescence.
- A chronically ill or handicapped person who needs assistance and supervision with all activities of daily living, in order to live at home.
- A household in crisis due to the illness of a key family member.
- An elderly person who needs assistance and desires companionship yet wants to remain in his or her own home.
- A family with a newborn baby who needs assistance during those first hectic days of adjustment to a new family member.
- A seriously ill patient and his or her family who need emotional support, supervision and nursing care.
These are special situations that require individual attention and solutions. Comprehensive Home Care is the answer. We have confidence in our attendant and personal care staff. You will too.
How do I start services?
Home Health begins with a call to our office at 309-944-4853. We provide free evaluation visits. If the evaluation indicates you would benefit from home health services, we will contact your physician and work with him/her to create a plan of care.
How are services paid for?
If your care is ordered by a physician, you are confined to your home and need skilled intermittent nursing or therapy services, Medicare will cover the cost of services. Medicaid and many insurance companies cover home health services. Our office will be happy to assist you with determining your insurance coverage.
What are the hours of services?
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. Our nursing staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Personal Emergency Response System
Our agency offers Lifeline, personal response service. The button is worn as a wristband or pendant. Pressing the button activates a small in-home communicator that automatically dials the Lifeline center. Within seconds, your call will be answered and help in on the way. The equipment plugs into your existing phone line, and installation can be arranged within 3 days. Lifeline allows you to move about your home with the confidence of knowing that help will be there quickly if you need it. Contact us at 309-944-4853 to arrange installation.
Home Health Services of Hammond-Henry Hospital
600 North College Avenue
Phone: (309) 944-4853