Medical and Rehabilitation Services
Our goal is to help individuals reach their goal of returning home after illness, surgery or injury.
- Professional nurses and onsite physician’s availability 24-hours a day.
- Professional staff to manage or assist with complicated post-operative conditions.
- Access to radiology, laboratory, dialysis and specialty clinics.
- Assessment and monitoring by registered dieticians; accommodating special diets.
- Specialized staff oversee therapies:
- Social Service Worker
- Physical and Occupational Therapist
- Management of:
- Enternal feeding
- Wound Care
- Ostomy Care
- Intravenous Therapy
- Diabetic Care
- Insulin and other Medication Administration
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Psycho-Social Care
Quality of Life Programming
The goal of Hammond-Henry Hospital long-term care is to facilitate an optimal level of functioning and independence for each resident. Individualized resident care plans are aimed at maintaining or improving daily living skills. Professional staff work with residents on the following activities of daily living:
- Walking and transferring techniques
- Exercise programs
- Bowel and Bladder training
- Skin care management
- Independent dining skills
- Personal care skills such as bathing, dressing, grooming
- Cognitive functioning
Services and Accommodations
Long-term care residents enjoy a homelike environment with consistent, caring staff. Amenities and services available include Private or semi-private rooms
- Private or semi-private rooms equipped with a nurse call system and cable television.
- Onsite beauty / barber and religious services.
- Kitchen facilities available for meal preparation retraining prior to returning home and for long-term residents to prepare their favorite recipes with staff assistance.
- Telephone service available in each room.
- 24-hours visitation
- Computers, with internet access, conveniently located for resident use.
Socialization and Recreation
Hammond-Henry Hospital believes that in order to maintain optimal quality of life and overall well-being, it is essential to continue meaningful activities throughout the life span.
- Professionally planned and coordinated activities designed to meet the individual needs of each resident
- Social, recreational and cultural activities
- Community outings
- Resident participation in planning and scheduling activities of interest
- Family room for family meals and parties.
- Outdoor patio for gardening and relaxing
- Exercise programs
- Resident Council
- Quilting group, weaving group, computer lessons, card clubs
- Family Council
- Volunteer Program
- Space for residents to continue to host groups, such as bridge club or church circle.
- Family activities including cook-outs, St. Patrick’s Day dinner, Christmas parties.
- Weekly Happy Hour
Hammond-Henry Long Term Care Living Center
600 North College Avenue
Geneseo, IL 61254