Hammond-Henry Hospital's Mission is Excellence in Patient Care and Services. It serves our community's health care needs by contributing to the quality of life and well-being of people living within our service area through a cost-effective continuum of preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative services.
Home Health care is a service that provides a comprehensive component of quality care to assure continuity for the client from hospitalization to home. The high quality multidisciplinary professional staff and support personnel provide health care in the home under the direction of the physician to all clients needing service regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age or source of payment. Each client has a fundatmental right to make decisions and choices affecting his/her present and future health status, and to be provided with educaiton to self and family to promote and maintain health and improve care and service outcomes.
- To meet the health care needs of the Hammond-Henry Hospital service area.
- To provide continuity of health care needs when discharged from the hospital.
- To utilize efficiently the parent organization's resources and reduce health care costs.
- To serve the needs of clients in the home on an intermittent basis.
- To enable clients to remain in the home on an intermittent basis.
- To safely allow shortened length of hospital stays and prevent or delay readmissions.
- To utilize the existing services provided by local, state and federal agencies.
Scope of Practice
Home Health Services provides skilled nursing care services for all patient populations (excluding pre-natal and post-partum, who we provide referral for); primarily adult and geriatric, with infrequent pediatric care. This encompasses therapeutic, diagnositc, educative, restorative and preventive nursing care measures.
Registered nurses act as case managers, and refer or assign care and services to home health aides, physical therapy, occupational therapy, social services, speech therapy service and other support services as required.