5/13/2012 3:02 PM
We are less than 40 days from connecting the north and south parts of the hospital. The picture above shows the last part of the main hallway being constructed that will link the north and the south. Once the metal studs are installed next week, you can see the brickworkers are anxious to put the exterior together for us. The concrete floors will be poured next week, and the final touches should be in place toward the end of June.
Meanwhile, construction continues in the new dining room and kitchen areas. Once complete, the hallway to the specialty doctors' clinic will eliminate the need to travel outside to the west entrance. Also, we are currently awaiting approval for the state health department to occupy the new diagnostics area, adjacent to the laboratory and imaging departments. Speaking of laboratory, it has relocated on a temporary basis to the old north clinic. In three weeks, it will return to its permanent location with major renovations and a new area for the microbiology business. Work will then focus on the admitting area and the front entrance, the last pieces of this two-year project. Actually, the last piece will be the east parking lot once the 1953 building, which is visible through the back of the picture above
, is demolished. That process is scheduled for early August.